- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- » COM @ Cherokee Nation
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
Interim Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Dennis Blankenship, D.O.
Dr. Blankenship was named the Interim Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM) in July 2019. He concurrently serves as Chief of Staff of the OSU Medical Center, OSU-COM’s teaching hospital and one of nation’s largest osteopathic teaching facilities.
He joined the faculty at OSU Center for Health Sciences in 2006 and was promoted to serve as Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine in 2016, a position he held until his recent appointment. Dr. Blankenship has been recognized for his commitment to excellence in teaching and patient care. He received the Faculty Distinguished Service Award in 2018 and was named the 2011 Tulsa Business Journal’s Health Care Champion.
Dr. Blankenship graduated from Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma, with an undergraduate degree in biology and from OSU-COM with a doctorate of osteopathic medicine. He completed his residency training in emergency medicine, including a year as Chief Resident, at Integris Southwest Medical Center in Oklahoma City.