- About Us
Community Suicide Prevention & Awareness Weekend
Friday, October 19
QPR Training: Question. Persuade. Refer.
QPR training is an hour long educational program designed to teach individuals the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to respond. Training will take place at the OSU Center for Health Sciences Campus in partnership with the Mental Health Association Oklahoma.
Engaging Minds, Engaging the Community:
Suicide Prevention Awareness Panel Discussion
Learn from our panel of experts as they discuss suicide in at risk populations including teens, seniors and active/retired military. Panel discussion will take place at the OSU Center for Health Sciences Campus. Confirmed speakers include:
- Jason Beaman, D.O., M.S., M.P.H., FAPA, Assistant Clinical Professor and Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at OSU Center for Health Sciences
- Sara Coffey, D.O., Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at OSU Center for Health Sciences.
- Robin Hudson LeBlanc, LPC, LADC, President, Oklahoma Chapter - American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Clinician at Muscogee (Creek) Nation Department of Health Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Daphne Hillhouse, LCSW, Suicide Prevention Coordinator at Eastern Oklahoma VA Healthcare System
- Amanda Bradley, MS, LPC, Senior Program Director for Community Outreach Psychiatric Emergency Services (COPES)
Community Resource Vendor Fair
In conjunction with the panel discussion, there will be a vendor fair showcasing the mental health resources available in the community.
- Family and Children Services Community Outreach Psychiatric Emergency Services (COPES)
- Counseling and Recovery Services of Oklahoma
- CREOKS Behavioral Health Services
- Mental Health Association of Oklahoma
- OSU Center for Health Sciences Project ECHO
- OSU Behavioral Medicine Clinic
Saturday, October 20
Out of the Darkness Walk
Join the OSU Medicine team to bring awareness to suicide prevention and awareness. First 200 participants to register will receive for a FREE one-of-a-kind OSU Medicine long sleeve t-shirt. GO POKES!!! Walk will begin at Kendall-Whittier Park. Organized by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
To register for all events, please complete the form below