- About Us
Application Dates and Deadlines
- Priority review of applications begins: December 15
- Final application deadline: February 1
Final selection for admission into the formal Athletic Training Program is determined by objective evaluation of all documentation. Students are notified of their acceptance/ rejection by March 15. Acceptance is contingent upon the student being in compliance with the curriculum’s policies and procedures, receiving a satisfactory background check, meeting the technical standards, successfully completing the physical assessment and obtaining all immunizations required of health care professionals.
- 3.0 GPA
- “B” in all prerequisite coursework
- 50 hours of observation under a certified athletic trainer
Undergraduate students can choose any major as long as the prerequisite coursework (OSU course or equivalent) is completed prior to beginning the master’s program. View transfer credit guides in the OSU Office of Undergraduate Admissions to see how classes from other institutions transfer to Oklahoma State University.
- BIOL 1114 Introductory Biology
- CHEM 1314 General Chemistry
- PHYS 1114 General Physics
- STAT 2103 Elementary Statistics
- NSCI 2114 Principles of Nutrition
- HHP 2654 Applied Anatomy
- HHP 2802 Medical Terminology
- HHP 3114 Physiology of Exercise
- HHP 3663 Biomechanics
- ZOOL 3204 Human Physiology
To apply to the MAT program, submit your application online through the OSU Graduate College.
Submit all supplemental documents and mail to:
Dr. Jennifer Volberding
OSU Center for Health Sciences
1111 W 17th St.
Tulsa, OK 74107
- Consent for possession of medical records
- Criminal background check
- OSU ATP health history
- Technical standards and assumption of risk
- Observation hours report
- OSHA respirator medical evaluation questionnaire