- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- » COM @ Cherokee Nation
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
About OSU Telehealth
OSU Center for Health Sciences is an Oklahoma Health Care Authority certified telemedicine network. We use our network to help patients across Oklahoma connect with telemedicine physicians from their local communities. We also provide information and assistance to help get a site where patients can meet with physicians virtually to reduce the costs and frustrations inherent with traveling for physician visits.
What is Telehealth?
The State of Oklahoma statute defines TeleHealth as the practice of health care delivery, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, transfer of medical data or exchange of medical education information by means of an interactive audio, video and data communications.
Telehealth can encompass remote non-clinical services such as provider training, administrative meetings and continuing medical education in addition to clinical services.
Get Involved with OSU Telehealth
Call 918-584-4377 for more information on how to become involved with Telehealth at OSU Center for Health Sciences.
Telehealth services are currently provided at the following locations in Oklahoma:
- Mobile Telemedicine Clinics
- Doctor’s offices
- Correctional facilities
- Health centers and clinics
- Community mental health centers
- Telehealth centers
Current Uses of Telehealth:
- Distance learning
- Grand rounds
- Continuing Medical Education
- Graduate Medical Education (OMECO)
Additional Examples of Telehealth Services:
- Student, resident and health care worker education
- Internal medicine
The OSU TeleHealth system utilizes the Internet to securely encrypt and transmit data between sites and point-to-point connections or by using OSU videoconferencing to facilitate virtual rooms to see patients.
Our network providers are:
These networks allow OSU TeleHealth to support local video and bandwidth needs to accommodate transmissions regardless of media source. We support transmissions over fiber, copper, cellular and satellite communications.