- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
Oklahoma Office of Rural Health
The Oklahoma Office of Rural Health was established in 1991, as part of a federal mandate, to coordinate, plan and promote quality health care for underserved rural Oklahomans.
The Oklahoma Office of Rural Health works with rural communities to help ensure their health care infrastructure is economically viable and to broaden and improve the access and quality of health care services. The Oklahoma Office of Rural Health offers a broad array of services that support this effort in three ways:
- Stabilizing rural hospital finances
- Increasing access to quality health care
- Educating the public and policy makers about the importance and unique nature of rural health
The Oklahoma Office of Rural Health, operates on three federal grants to meet the needs of small rural hospitals in Oklahoma.
- Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (Flex Grant)
- Small Hospital Improvement Program (SHIP Grant)
- State Office of Rural Health Grant (SORH Grant)
For more information about the Oklahoma Office of Rural Health, please call 405-945-8608.
Cover photo submitted by David Waters as part of the National Rural Health photo contest.