- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
Animal Care and Use
Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences is committed to providing an animal care and use program that provides a humane and compliant environment for all animals involved in research, teaching, and testing activities. Every effort is made to adhere to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations that govern the care and use of animals. Specific guidance can be found in the The Public Health Service Policy, the Animal Welfare Act, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, and the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching.
We hope these Webpages assist those engaged in activities involving live, vertebrate animals comply with animal welfare laws and regulations. We also hope the information helps you navigate the processes required to meet these obligations.
All research, teaching, and testing activities involving live, vertebrate animals must be approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). Information provided on this site is designed to help you gain that approval.