- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- » COM @ Cherokee Nation
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
Student Resources FAQ
Will I be able to attend class remotely?
The University will transition to online learning beginning March 23 through the month of April.
What should I do if I become ill, exhibit symptoms or think I might have been exposed to the Coronavirus?
Complete a health screening over the phone with the Student/Employee Health Nurse Erika Teel by calling 918-281-2755 and then follow given instructions. In the event you need a coronavirus test, the student health nurse will direct you to the location. You may be required to complete a 14-day quarantine.
I am a third- or fourth-year student on rotations, what happens if my site cancels my rotation or I am sent home?
Please refer to the COVID-19 Student Rotation Plan sent to the class of 2020 and Class of 2021 on March 17 and continue to keep yourself apprised of any updates via email.
I am a student with an underlying health issue. What should I do?
Contact the Student Health Nurse Erika Teel at 918-281-2755 and follow her instructions.
I need to speak to a counselor. What behavioral health resources are available to students during this time?
- OSU-CHS Counseling: Students may access OSU-CHS Counseling Services remotely via zoom or teleconferencing.Confidential counseling sessions for students available free of charge. Appointments may be scheduled at https://chscounselingservices.as.me.
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741 to receive help today. The Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to free, 24/7 support and information via a medium people already use and trust: text.
- 24/7 Guidance Resources:Guidance Resources (1-866-519-8354) offers solutions to work life integration, 24/7 phone counseling, and access to 10 free in person counseling sessions in your area. Go to guidanceresources.com and use the student web ID: OKSTATESAP
- Formore information and resources, please visit https://health.okstate.edu/centernet/behavioral-health.html
Will I have access to the school to study?
No. Campus access will be limited, and students should make plans to study at home.
I left my stuff at school in my study area. Can I come to campus to get it?
No. The campus is limited to certain personnel at this time. If you have an emergent need, please contact Angela Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m having a hard time engaging in healthy behaviors while at home. Do you have any resources or activities we can participate in?
The Department of Wellness is continuing to offer many different programs and services remotely. To stay up-to-date with their offerings be sure to join the Facebook Group OSU-CHS Wellness.
What are the current student travel advisories?
If you have travelled by air or on a cruise (pursuant to CDC and State Department restrictions/advisories) to or through any of the impacted countries the CDC and/or State Department has deemed restricted, you will not be permitted to return to campus or clinic sites until you complete a health screening over the phone with the Student/Employee Health Nurse; complete a 14-day quarantine; and complete a follow up health screening call through the Student/Employee Health Nurse.
Whom may I contact if I have other questions?
Angela Bacon, ABD, MS, Interim Assistant Dean of Student Life
Where can I get additional information regarding the COVID-19?
Additional information may be found at the following sites: