- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- » COM @ Cherokee Nation
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
Interim Safety Measures
Student Conduct, the Victim Advocate and the Title IX Coordinator can put in place interim measures for student victims of sexual harassment and sexual violence as needed. A formal complaint does not need to be submitted to have interim measures put in place. The university will maintain confidentiality to the extent possible.
The following are interim safety measures that may be taken by the university:
Assistance in Reporting
- Filing a complaint with the university and the appropriate law enforcement agencies against the accused.
Assistance in Filing a No Contact Order
A No Contact Order between the victim and the accused individual(s), which would prohibit contact between both parties through any means of communication, as well as prohibit others from making contact on their behalf.
Assistance in Filing an Emergency Protective Order
- Assist the victim in filing for an Emergency Protective Order in court with DVIS. This is a court-ordered petition that prohibits contact between the complainant and the accused.
- Coordinating any reasonable arrangements that are necessary for ongoing safety. This includes transportation or providing an escort.
- Assisting in adjusting academic schedules as well as providing access to academic support services.
Other Interim Measures
- Coordinating reasonable arrangements to address the effects of the sexual violence, including connecting victims with counseling, health care or academic support resources.
When Student Conduct becomes aware of a student who potentially could have been a victim of sexual violence, they will contact the victim through Oklahoma State University email to share these potential interim measures, reporting options and other resources available. This will be done no matter the location of the incident.