- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- » COM @ Cherokee Nation
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
TeleSPED - Special Education Development
The TeleSPED ECHO is a partnership of CCOSA, OSU Center for Health Sciences Project ECHO and OSU-Tulsa. This ECHO is uniquely designed to provide an appropriate and accessible means of support and professional development for Oklahoma administrators, educators, related service providers, as well as students that share educational responsibilities for students with disabilities.
Why TeleSPED ECHO?
- Studies indicate that 95% of students with disabilities are educated in general education classrooms for at least some portion of their school day and that 57% receive instruction and support in the general education classroom for most of the school day
- Oklahoma has over 510 school districts, with at least 55% being considered “rural”, and it is imperative that educational leaders promote practices to support the professional development of Oklahoma educators.
- A recent Schools and Staffing Survey indicated that nearly two-thirds of the public school teachers surveyed reported that they had not received professional development during the previous year focused on how to teach students with disabilities.
TeleSPED is on the 2nd & 4th Mondays from 12pm-1pm. A one-time registration is required.
Collaborate and resolve complex issues and questions regarding rural and non-rural Oklahoma schools and students with disabilities
Intervention and Evaluation
Making IDEA Eligibility Decisions
Parents as Partners in IDEA Processes
Using Special Education Dispute Resolution Options
- Addressing Behavior Issues from Child Find to IEP Implementation
Director of Accountability
Sapulpa Public Schools
Director of Special Services
Kingston Public Schools
Ed Harris, Ph.D.
Professor and Williams Chair of Educational Leadership
Administrator for the Brock International Prize in Education
Oklahoma State University
Canute Public Schools
Jacqueline Johns, NCSP
Nationally Certified School Psychologist
Collinsville Public Schools
Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration
Oklahoma Directors of Special Services
Erika Olinger, Ph.D., NCSP, BCBA
Assistant Director of Special Services
Putnam City Public Schools
Don Raleigh, Ph.D.
Pryor Public Schools
Jessica L. Tucker
OSU Project ECHO