- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- » COM @ Cherokee Nation
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
HIPAA Privacy Notice
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services issued the Privacy Rule to implement the requirement of the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The OSU Center for Health Sciences is required to be compliant with the HIPAA privacy regulations.
A major goal of the Privacy Rule is to assure that individuals’ health information is properly protected while allowing the flow of health information needed to provide and promote high quality health care and to protect the public's health and well being. The Privacy Regulations establish national standards regarding uses and disclosures of protected health information.
Notice of Privacy Practices
All OSU faculty, staff, residents, students, volunteers and affiliates are required to complete mandatory HIPAA training. The training is federally mandated.
- To complete the training, log in to HealthStream
- Use your OKey shortname as your user ID
- First time users - your temporary password is education. Password will need to be reset at the first log in.
- If you do not have an okey shortname yet or need assistance accessing the training, please contact the Compliance Office at 918-586-4561.
Report a HIPAA incident
To file a complaint please contact Compliance Office listed to the right or file an anonymous complaint online at Ethics Point.
HIPAA Hotline: 918-586-4545
Questions? Contact Us
Office of Compliance
717 South Houston, Suite 510
Tulsa, OK 74127