- About Us
OKStars Summer Research Program
The OKStars Summer Research Program provides high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research. The program includes in-depth work with a research team, access to modern instrumentation and potential opportunities to participate in publications and presentations.
- Participate in a research atmosphere that is usually reserved for graduate students
- Work with a faculty mentor and research team
- Access a range of modern equipment and facilities
- Participate in Research Day at OSU Center for Health Sciences as well as the City of Tulsa Research Day.
- Fill out the online application
- Ask your high school counselor or principal to complete the school approval form
For more information contact us at email@example.com
Students applying to theOKStars Summer Research Program must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA in a rigorous high school curriculum
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Meet any other requirements are listed on the application form
- Forensic Sciences: DNA/Biology, Toxicology, Psychology
- Biomedical Sciences: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Vertebrate Paleontology, Pharmacology, Physiology
- Data Mining: Statistics, Data Analytics and Innovation, Rural Health Trends
All applications will be reviewed by an OSU Center for Health Sciences’ faculty selection committee, and decisions will be based on merit, taking into account all information provided by applicants.
The summer research experience is extensive and each scholar is expected to:
- Participate between 20-25 hours per week (Monday through Friday) during the program duration.
- Applicants should be aware of the requirements and time commitments they apply.
- Schedules will be determined by the participant and their mentor.
All program fees will be covered by OSU Center for Health Sciences at no cost to the student.
Housing and transportation are not provided.