- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- » COM @ Cherokee Nation
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
Medication Assisted Treatment Waiver Training
In October 2018, CWR received a three-year federal grant to increase the number of medication assisted treatment (MAT) physicians in Oklahoma. MAT is an evidence-based, highly effective treatment that combines medication with counseling and behavioral therapies to provide a whole-patient approach to addiction treatment. Under the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000, physicians are required to complete specialized training to qualify for a federal waiver to dispense or prescribe approved medication intended for addiction treatment.
This program allows CWR to provide MAT training to all OSU second-year resident physicians, as well as practicing physicians, with the goal of substantially increasing the number of MAT-trained physicians in Oklahoma. Continuing medical education (CME) is available and the trainings are free.
Upcoming training dates below; please click for regsitration. For trainings that have been canceled, please check this page for updates and future trainings. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- *CANCELED* Saturday, April 18: 8 hour course at OSU-CHS, Tandy Conference Center
- *CANCELED* Monday, May 4: 4 hour course at OSU-CHS, Tandy Conference Center