- College of Osteopathic Medicine
- » Clinical Skills & Simulation Center
- » Continuing Medical Education
- » Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Graduate Programs
- » School of Allied Health
- » School of Biomedical Sciences
- » School of Health Care Administration
- » School of Forensic Sciences
- » Physician Assistant Program
- About Us
Buprenorphine Waiver Training
In October 2018, CWR received a three-year federal grant to increase the number of medication assisted treatment (MAT) physicians in Oklahoma. MAT is an evidence-based, highly effective treatment that combines medication with counseling and behavioral therapies to provide a whole-patient approach to addiction treatment. Under the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000, physicians are required to complete specialized training to qualify for a federal waiver to dispense or prescribe approved medication intended for addiction treatment.
This program allows CWR to provide MAT training to all OSU second-year resident physicians, as well as practicing physicians, with the goal of substantially increasing the number of MAT-trained physicians in Oklahoma. Continuing medical education (CME) is available and the trainings are free.
Training dates for Fall 2019 below. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Saturday, October 12: 4 hour course at OKC Va Health System, Chase Auditorium
- Friday, October 25: 8 hour course at OSU Tulsa, North Hall, BS Roberts Room
- Saturday, November 9: 4 hour course at Comanche County Memorial, Oakwood Conference Room
- Friday, November 22: 8 hour course at OSU-CHS, Tandy Building, Room #421
- Friday, December 6: 8 hour course at OSU-CHS, Tandy Building, Room #421