- About Us
Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences Admissions
Learn more about admission requirements, application deadline and transfer hours for the biomedical sciences doctoral program. Application materials must be submitted online through the OSU Graduate College.
- January 15
How to Apply
Application materials must be submitted online through the OSU Graduate College.
- Completed baccalaureate degree
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE test scores
- Verbal and quantitative sections: 150 minimum
- Writing section: 4.0 minimum
- Completed coursework in:
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
International students for whom English is a second language are required to have earned a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 550 (213 computer based or 79 Internet based).
- Ph.D. students with a bachelor’s degree may transfer up to nine hours of graduate credit from an accredited institution.
- Ph.D. student with a master's degree may transfer up to 30 hours of graduate credit from an accredited institution.
- Transfer credit must be approved by the advisory committee and the associate dean of graduate studies.
- Transferred courses must be recognized as graduate courses by the institution.
- Students must have earned a grade of “B” or better in all transferred graduate courses.
- Ph.D. students with a bachelor’s degree may transfer more than nine hours if the graduate courses were taken in a graduate program offering a Ph.D. degree.
- Ph.D. students must complete at least 30 hours of course work at the OSU Center for Health Sciences, which must include all required courses.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Director, Graduate Programs